Our Founder, Craig J Mohnacky DVM established the “Helping Paws Foundation” in October 2013, representing the most aggressive service initiative in the San Diego community targeting military men and women. Helping Paws is a philanthropic platform in support of military families so healthy choices can be made about the care and treatment of their pets. By establishing trusting relationships and partnerships within our community, Helping Paws shall become an essential resource in support of our fine military families.
Our mission is to keep pets united with military families, and to strengthen the human/animal bond. By providing veterinary services that military families otherwise could not afford, we shall provide stability for households, that face so many uncertainties, because of the demands of a military career.
• Grant financial assistance to military members for help with their pet’s routine and urgent care needs
• Promote healthy pet lifestyles, including spay and neuter, vaccinations, and micro-chipping.
• Keeping military families united with their pets by preventing premature relinquishment of pets to humane shelters, or worse yet economic euthanasia.
• To connect with our community to ensure Helping Paws is a resource to military families.
• Create solutions for the underserved, making San Diego a better place for all.